Pettit Street and Chestnut Street
Frame church built circa. 1880, replaced after the fire of 1917 by the stucco building standing today.
Stone church built circa. 1843, torn down to be replaced by the new frame church in 1880.
~ as told by C. F. Horton
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 43° 18.598′ N, 78° 49.657′ W. Marker is in Wilson, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Pettit Street and Chestnut Street, on the right when traveling west on Pettit Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 265 Pettit Street, Wilson NY 14172, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lake Street and Young Street (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First School House (about 400 feet away); Schooner Fleetwing (about 500 feet away); Wilson Collegiate Institute 1845
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 331 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.