Miami in Miami-Dade County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The "Pagoda," the first major building, was completed in 1902. Designed by Green and Wicks, architects of Buffalo, N.Y., the large two-story building of durable Dade County pine remains unchanged except for minor interior alterations. It continues as an integral part of the campus and includes a museum in which the story of the school is on exhibit. The historical importance of the "Pagoda" won for it a place on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Erected by The Historical Association of Southern Florida.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3575 Main Hwy, Miami FL 33133, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. E.W.F. Stirrup House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles Avenue (about 500 feet away); Mariah Brown House (about 500 feet away); Coconut Grove Playhouse (about 600 feet away); The Barnacle (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cocoanut Grove Public Utilities Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); El Jardin (approx. ¼ mile away); Coconut Grove Library (approx. 0.4 miles away).
Also see . . . Ransom School (The Pagoda). City of Miami Planning Department (Submitted on July 10, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 9, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. This page has been viewed 369 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.