Grant Club Pole
That oak pole became a landmark for the Akron-Newstead area.
This third oak pole, erected at the junction of Buell Street and Clarence Center Road, was dedicated on July 4, 1988. This oak tree was donated by Russell and Carol Rosenburg, from their farm on Greenbush Road.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #18 Ulysses S. Grant series list.
Location. 43° 0.687′ N, 78° 30.127′ W. Marker is in Akron, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Buell Street (New York State Route 93) and Clarence Center Road, on the left when
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Honor of Those Who Fought (approx. 0.6 miles away); Russell Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dennis E. Nolan (approx. 1.3 miles away); Treaty of 1857 (approx. 4˝ miles away); 1800 Brick House 1963 (approx. 5 miles away); Town of Clarence - Ransom's Grove (approx. 5.1 miles away); Town of Pembroke (approx. 5.1 miles away); Town of Clarence - First Grist Mill in Erie County (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Akron.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 29, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 925 times since then and 21 times this year. Last updated on July 11, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 5, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.