Near Fort Plain in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dutch Reformed Church
First Built 1750
Burned in 1780 Raid
Rebuilt 1785 - Torn Down 1840
Erected 1928 by New York State Historical Marker.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
Location. 42° 56.651′ N, 74° 37.914′ W. Marker is near Fort Plain, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Canal Street (New York State Route 5S) east of River Road (County Route 65), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Plain NY 13339, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sand Hill School (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clinton March (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Plain (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Fort Plain (approx. ¼ mile away); Revolution in the Mohawk Valley (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Plain War Memorial (approx. Greene House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Mohawk Town (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Plain.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2014, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 377 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2014, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.