Canton in Madison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Madison County Courthouse
Erected 1977 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 32° 36.798′ N, 90° 2.129′ W. Marker is in Canton, Mississippi, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of North Liberty Street (U.S. 51) and East Peace Street (Mississippi Highway 22), on the right when traveling south on North Liberty Street. Located in front of the east doorway to the old Madison County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Canton MS 39046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Madison County Movement (within shouting distance of this marker); Grace Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a Hickory Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Priestley House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Madison County Jail (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2006, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 3,735 times since then and 188 times this year. Last updated on December 12, 2006, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 10, 2006, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. 3, 4. submitted on July 14, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.