Eau Claire in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission
Nineteen Hundred and Seventy-Eight
Erected 1978 by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 44° 48.092′ N, 91° 29.467′ W. Marker is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, in Eau Claire County. Marker is on Gilbert Avenue east of Wilson Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 Gilbert Avenue, Eau Claire WI 54701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sumner Moon House (within shouting distance of this marker); Webster-Van Hovenberg-Larson-Carpenter House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Swift-Wing Home (about 700 feet away); Kinney House (about 700 feet Demmler House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Addison Cutter House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bryon A. Buffington Home (approx. Ό mile away); The Cobblestone House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eau Claire.
Also see . . . William Bailey House. "William Bailey, who owned a paint store on Graham Avenue and was a house painter, built the house. Josiah Cass, the last veteran of the Civil War in the county, purchased the house in 1886." (Submitted on July 31, 2014.)
Additional keywords. William Bailey House
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 400 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.