Canaseraga in Allegany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First House in Canaseraga
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1806.
Location. 42° 27.996′ N, 77° 46.382′ W. Marker is in Canaseraga, New York, in Allegany County. Marker is on Mill Street (County Route 13B) 0.1 miles south of River Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 35 Mill Street, Canaseraga NY 14822, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Canaseraga Four Corners Historic District (approx. half a mile away); Site of First School House (approx. 0.9 miles away); One Room School (approx. 2.6 miles away); A Hairy Legend (approx. 3 miles away); Ossian Center (approx. 3.8 miles away); Isaac Hampton (approx. 3.8 miles away); Gambrel Roofed Barn (approx. 4 miles away); The First Presbyterian Church of Ossian (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canaseraga.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.