Near Slaterville Springs in Tompkins County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Church in Caroline
Built 1820 – Organized 1810
by the First Dominie
Rev. Garret Mandeville
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 23.641′ N, 76° 22.288′ W. Marker is near Slaterville Springs, New York, in Tompkins County. Marker is on Slaterville Road (New York State Route 79), on the left when traveling east. Across the road from the Caroline Elementary Community School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2442 Slaterville Road, Slaterville Springs NY 14881, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1st Town Meeting (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eastern Boundary Cantine Military Tract (approx. 2 miles away); Site of Speed Blockhouse (approx. 2.3 miles away); Home of Nathaniel Tobey (approx. 4 miles away); The Widow Earsley (approx. 4.2 miles away); Cabin Site (approx. 4.3 miles away); Old Rich Tavern (approx. 4½ miles away); Cornell University (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Dutch Reformed.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 10, 2014, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 272 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 10, 2014, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on June 20, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on August 10, 2014, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.