Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonial Place Historic District
— Historic Landmark —
George S. Orth, architect
E.H. Bachman, landscape artist
Erected by Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 40° 27.127′ N, 79° 56.363′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Colonial Place and Ellsworth Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Colonial Place. Located in Pittsburgh's Shadyside section. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15232, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shadyside Iron Furnace (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Roslyn Place Wood Block Paving (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); World War II Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Station WQED (approx. 0.4 miles away); Original Site of the Baseball Diamond (approx. 0.7 miles away); 1st Drive-In Filling Station (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Highwood (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on August 19, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 19, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 418 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 19, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.