Eau Claire in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission
Nineteen Hundred and Seventy-Five
Erected 1975 by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1867.
Location. 44° 48.371′ N, 91° 30.473′ W. Marker is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, in Eau Claire County. Marker is at the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Hudson Street, on the left when traveling north on Fourth Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 606 Fourth Avenue, Eau Claire WI 54703, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Pinkum House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Congregational Church / Community House (about 500 feet away); Miria Gans House (about 600 feet away); Charles Ingram House (about William Christian Reinhard House (about 700 feet away); Eliza Parrant House (about 700 feet away); Mrs. Dewitt Clark House (about 800 feet away); Thomas McDermott House (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eau Claire.
Also see . . .
1. George Coghlan House. City of Eau Claire Historic Commission PDF:
"The Coghlan house was the first landmark in Eau Claire, designated in 1975." (Submitted on August 22, 2014.)
2. 606 4th Avenue. Wisconsin Historical Society Architecture and History Inventory:
"George Coghlan built the first half of the house in c. 1867. In 1873 Ethen Allen, a riverboat captain, added another large section, giving the house its present size. In 1881 I.K. Kerr, an owner of several lumber camps in the northern part of the state, purchased the property and totally renovated the home..." (Submitted on August 22, 2014.)
Additional keywords. George Coghlan; Ethan Allen; Isaac Kendall Kerr; Kenneth Foote
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 449 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 22, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.