Eau Claire in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
— City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission —
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-One
Erected 1981 by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 44° 48.561′ N, 91° 29.765′ W. Marker is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, in Eau Claire County. Marker is on East Lake Street east of South Farwell Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 517 South Farwell Street, Eau Claire WI 54701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christ Church Cathedral and Parish House (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Free Masonry (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Abe of Co. C (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eau Claire Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eau Claire County Courthouse Square City Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); Dean-Griffin House (approx. ¼ mile away); John S. Owen House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eau Claire.
Also see . . .
1. Herman Schlegelmilch House. "In 1977, Agnes Barland McDaniel, A Schlegelmilch descendant, donated the house to the Chippewa Valley Museum to be maintained as an example of an early merchant’s home." (Submitted on September 5, 2014.)
2. Schlegelmilch House. (Submitted on September 5, 2014.)
3. Herman Schlegelmilch. (Submitted on September 5, 2014.)
Additional keywords. Schlegelmilch-McDaniel House; Chippewa Valley Museum
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 427 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 5, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.