San Marcos in Hays County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10246.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • War, World II. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 29° 52.8′ N, 97° 56.557′ W. Marker is in San Marcos, Texas, in Hays County. Marker is at the intersection of West Martin Luther King Drive and Feltner Alley, on the right when traveling west on West Martin Luther King Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 W Martin Luther King Drive, San Marcos TX 78666, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Eddie Durham (a few steps from this marker); Ulysses Cephas (within shouting distance of this marker); Wesley Chapel A. M. E. Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Courthouses of Hays County (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Triangle (approx. ¼ mile away); First National Bank of San Marcos (approx. 0.3 miles away); Farmers Union Gin Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Coronal Institute (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Marcos.
Additional keywords. Jail
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 495 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. 5. submitted on May 13, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.