Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany
— Old University / Alte Universität Erfurt 1392-1816 —
und sitz des rektors der
alma mater erfordiensis
um 1500 - 1550
Durch bomben zerstört 9.Feb.1945
Former large lecture hall
and seat of the president
around 1500 - 1550
Destroyed by bombs 9 February 1945
Partial reconstruction in 1983
Erected 1992 by University Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 50° 58.774′ N, 11° 1.676′ E. Marker is in Erfurt, Thuringia. Marker is at the intersection of Michaelisstraße and Fürthmuhlgasse, on the left when traveling east on Michaelisstraße. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Michaelisstraße 39, Erfurt, Thuringia 99084, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. House for the Great Ark of Noah and Engelsburg (a few steps from this marker); Michaeliskirche / Michaelis Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Laasphe-Kapelle / Laasphe ChapelZum Güldenen Krönbacken (within shouting distance of this marker); Lehmannsbrücke / Lehmanns Bridge (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); [Haus] zum Schwarzen Horn / The Black Horn (about 120 meters away); Adam Ries (about 150 meters away); Nikolai Church Tower / Nikolaikirchturm (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Erfurt.
Also see . . . Plaque at the Collegium maius. (Submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 655 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on October 20, 2015.