Whitsett in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Congregational. Founded 1870 by former slave Rev. Madison Lindsay. Restored 1885 building is 80 yards southwest.
Erected 2004 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number J 107.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion.
Location. 36° 2.826′ N, 79° 35.946′ W. Marker is in Whitsett, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of Rock Creek Dairy Road and Judge Adams Road (County Route 3058), on the left when traveling south on Rock Creek Dairy Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1301 Rock Creek Dairy Rd, Whitsett NC 27377, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cedar Hill Foundry and Machine Shop (approx. 0.6 miles away); Athletic Field (approx. 1.8 miles away); McLean House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Bell Tower (approx. 1.9 miles away); Galen L. Stone Hall 1927 Kimball Hall (approx. 1.9 miles away); Palmer Memorial Institute (approx. 1.9 miles away); Dr. Charlotte Hawkins Brown (approx. 2 miles away).
Regarding Wadsworth Church. Actual restored Gothic church building is located behind new church. Visible from Judge Adams Rd. Access from Judge Adams Rd. or Rock Creek Dairy Rd.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2014, by Jessica Emerson of Greensboro, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 254 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 19, 2014, by Jessica Emerson of Greensboro, North Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.