Saint John in Saint John County, New Brunswick — The Atlantic Provinces
Church of Saint Andrew and Saint David
Église Saint Andrew and Saint David
Constructed in 1879, on the site of the 1815 “Auld Kirk”, the present church is a faithful representation of the Gothic Revival style. One highlight of the interior is the Gothicized pulpit by local carver John Rogerson.
Construite en 1879, à l’emplacement de la “Auld Kirk” (1815), l’église actuelle est une fidèle représentation du style néogothique. A l’intérieur, la chaire de style gothique relisée par le sculpteur local John Rogerson ne manque pas d’attirer l’oeil de visiteurs.
Erected by Province of New Brunswick.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1879.
Location. 45° 16.226′ N, 66° 3.577′ W. Marker is in Saint John, New Brunswick, in Saint John County. Marker is on Germain Street close to Duke Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 176 Germain Street, Saint John NB E2L 2G3, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Troop Fleet in the Days of Sail (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); New Brunswick’s First School of LawPrince William Streetscape / La Rue Prince William (about 210 meters away); Clearing Customs in Style / Franchir les douanes avec grâce (about 210 meters away); West meets East / L'ouest et l'est se rencontrent (about 210 meters away); First Marine Compound Engine (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); First Steam Fog Horn (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Here Stood the House Occupied by Benedict Arnold (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saint John.
Also see . . . Our History.... The Church's page for its history. Note that as of the submission date for this marker (September, 2014), there was no actual history provided on the page. (Submitted on September 29, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 26, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 26, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.