Gerolzhofen in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Baroque Crucifixion Sculpture
Geschichte für alle - historischer Verein in Gerolzhofen, e.V.
Dr. Ottmar Wolf – Kulturstiftung
Marker text translated into English:
Erected in 1740 by by Johann Georg Stephan, brewmaster, and his wife, Maria Barbara, in memory of three of their 13 children who died in childhood. Removed in 1900 when the church was expanded, reinstalled in 1985, and renovated in 2008 by former Mayor Franz Stephan and his wife Hildegard in memory of their ancestors.
Erected by The Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion.
Location. 49° 54.063′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Parish Church (here, next to this marker); Chapel of St. John (within shouting distance of this marker); Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Catholic Rectory (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Ehemalige Vogtei / Former Bailiff's Building (about 90 meters away); Owl's Tower (about 90 meters away); The Watchmen's Tower (about 120 meters away); Bürgerspital / Municipal Hospital (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
More about this marker. The scupture and its marker are to the right of the entrance of the Catholic church, located by the market square in the town center.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 2, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 2, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.