Gerolzhofen in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Geschichte für alle - historischer Verein in Gerolzhofen, e.V.
Dr. Ottmar Wolf – Kulturstiftung
Marker text translated into English:
In 1708 Johann Barthel Stang, reeve, built this typical building. About 1750, the brewery family Stephan bought the property and opened the brewery restaurant "Zur Krone". The Catholic parish of Gerolzhofen took the building over in 1810 and turned it into the rectory. In the courtyard where the brewery was then located now stands the parish center "Pastor-Hersam-House".
History for All - the Gerolzhofen Historical Society
Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation
Erected by The Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 49° 54.102′ N, 10° 20.956′ E. Marker is in Gerolzhofen, Bavaria, in Landkreis Schweinfurt. Marker is on Salzstrasse just east of Kirchgasse, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Salzstrasse 11, Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chapel of St. John (within shouting distance of this marker); Baroque Crucifixion Sculpture (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Parish Church (about 90 meters away); Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall (about 90 meters away); The Watchmen's Tower (about 120 meters away); Centtor / "Cent" Gate (about 150 meters away); Fachwerkhaus Teutsch / Teutsch Building (about 150 meters away); Ehemalige Vogtei / Former Bailiff's Building (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 5, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 398 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 5, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.