Stafford in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Stafford Village Four Corners
The Memorial Park is the site of an early stage coach tavern, 1804. National Register of Historic Places-1976.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1798.
Location. 42° 58.894′ N, 78° 4.424′ W. Marker is in Stafford, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Road (New York State Route 5) and Transit Road, on the right when traveling east on Main Road. Marker is off the far end of the porch of the house on the southwest corner of the intersection. The road north from the intersection is NY 237 - Morganville Road. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. East Boundary (within shouting distance of this marker); Memorial Honor Roll World War II (within shouting distance of this marker); In Honor of Our Boys Who Served in the World War (within shouting distance of this marker); To The Memory (approx. ¼ mile away); Pottery & Drain Tile Factory (approx. 1.6 miles away); Underground Railroad Route (approx. 3.4 miles away); Keeney House (approx. 4.1 miles away); Women’s Suffrage (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stafford.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 5, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 376 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 5, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.