Louisburg in Franklin County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Franklin Male Academy Building
Chartered on January 6th, 1787, the earliest ancestor of Louisburg College. This building was first used in January 1, 1805. It was closed and moved to this site in 1905 from a location to the southwest.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 36° 6.219′ N, 78° 17.717′ W. Marker is in Louisburg, North Carolina, in Franklin County. Marker can be reached from Cedar Street north of College Street, on the left when traveling north. This marker is on the grounds of Louisburg College. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Louisburg NC 27549, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin's Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Louisburg College (about 700 feet away); Camp Site for Sherman's Army (about 800 feet away); Richard Warfington (approx. 0.6 miles away); John Williamson (approx. 0.9 miles away); Moses A. Hopkins (approx. 9.2 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 11.7 miles away); The Glass House (approx. 11.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 10, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 10, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.