Near Hawley in Jones County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Truby School
Erected 2002 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12814.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 32° 38.286′ N, 99° 55.522′ W. Marker is near Hawley, Texas, in Jones County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 707 0.1 miles south of County Road 474, on the left when traveling south. Marker is located just Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hawley TX 79525, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Truby Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Compere Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Cowboys' Christmas Ball (approx. 7.7 miles away); First Presbyterian Church Building (approx. 8.2 miles away); Jones County Courthouse (approx. 8.3 miles away); Jones County (approx. 8.3 miles away); Fort Phantom Hill C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 8.3 miles away); Anson Jones (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hawley.
Also see . . . Truby, TX. From the Texas State Historical Association’s “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on November 1, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 1, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on November 1, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.