Union Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
James Chapel Methodist Church
Erected 1987 by The Commission on Archives and History of the Western Pennsylvania United Methodist Conference.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1817.
Location. 40° 15.889′ N, 79° 58.068′ W. Marker is in Union Township, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker can be reached from Stone Church Road, 0.6 miles west of Snowden Road. Marker is mounted to the church exterior wall facing Stone Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 Stone Church Rd, Finleyville PA 15332, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Cox or Coxes Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Mingo Creek Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Citation: (approx. 2.9 miles away); Cincinnati Mine Disaster (approx. 3 miles away); Yohogania Courthouse (approx. 3 miles away); Monongahela River Navigation SystemMonongahela (approx. 4.3 miles away); Elizabeth (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union Township.
Also see . . . Robert James, Sr at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on November 10, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.