Texhoma in Texas County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Post Office of Loretta
The Panhandle of Okla. was called No Man's Land. It was owned by Spain in 1541, Mexico in 1821, Texas in 1836, U.S.A. in 1850. It became part of the Okla. Territory in 1890, and became Beaver County, Okla. Territory in 1900, and Okla. in 1907
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 7, 1900.
Location. 36° 30.276′ N, 101° 46.503′ W. Marker is in Texhoma, Oklahoma, in Texas County. Marker is on U.S. 54, 0.4 miles east of East Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Texhoma OK 73949, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. Texhoma (approx. half a mile away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 351 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.