Anson in Jones County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected by the State of Texas 1936 with funds appropriated by the Federal government to commemorate one hundred years of Texas independence
Erected 1936 by State of Texas.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Science & Medicine • Settlements & Settlers • War, Texas Independence. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 32° 45.375′ N, 99° 53.809′ W. Marker is in Anson, Texas, in Jones County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Court Plaza (Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Anson TX 79501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Phantom Hill C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (here, next to this marker); Jones County (here, next to this marker); Jones County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Omar Burleson (within shouting distance of this marker); Anson Opera House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church Building (about 700 feet away); First United Methodist Church of Anson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cowboys' Christmas Ball (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anson.
Also see . . .
1. Anson Jones. From the Texas State Historical Association’s “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on November 17, 2014.)
2. Anson Jones - Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on November 17, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 17, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 369 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 17, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.