Canton in St. Lawrence County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Lawrence University
Chartered April 3, 1856 by
the state legislature
Richardson Hall cornerstone
laid June 18, 1856
Erected 1952 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is April 3, 1856.
Location. 44° 35.504′ N, 75° 9.943′ W. Marker is in Canton, New York, in St. Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Street and University Avenue, on the left when traveling south on Park Street. Marker face is parallel to Park Street south of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Canton NY 13617, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Herring - Cole Hall (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Richardson Hall (about 700 feet away); Silas Wright (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brewer Bookstore (approx. ¼ mile away); Agricultural School (approx. ¼ mile away); In Memory of those Citizens from the Town of Canton (approx. Village Park and Main Street (approx. 0.3 miles away); In Memoriam (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
More about this marker. A walkway leads from the intersection to Richardson Hall.
Also see . . . St. Lawrence University. (Submitted on November 21, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 21, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 284 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 21, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.