Elba in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In Memory of John Young
1775 - 1836
— Elba's First Settler 1803 —
Erected 1966 by Quaker Hill Yorker Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 43° 4.839′ N, 78° 11.188′ W. Marker is in Elba, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is on South Main Street (New York State Route 98) 0.1 miles south of Chapel Street, on the right when traveling north. Memorial is adjacent and south of the Elba village government offices and fire house at the corner of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4 South Main Street, Elba NY 14058, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Local War Hero (within shouting distance of this marker); Methodist Church The Southworth (approx. 0.3 miles away); Elba Mucklands (approx. 3.1 miles away); Site of Cary Collegiate Seminary (approx. 4.3 miles away); In Honor of the Men Who Served in the Great War (approx. 4.4 miles away); Centennial Park (approx. 5.2 miles away); Elisha Wright (approx. 5˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elba.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 284 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on November 22, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.