Near Avoca in Jones County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1999 by Sadie Lieb Smith.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1846.
Location. 32° 47.704′ N, 99° 45.846′ W. Marker is near Avoca, Texas, in Jones County. Marker can be reached from County Road 260 east of County Road 267, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located next to the west entrance of the Swan's Chapel Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Anson TX 79501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Spring Creek Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); New Hope Cemetery (approx. 5˝ miles away); Arledge Field (approx. 8 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Anson (approx. 8.1 miles away); Omar Burleson (approx. 8.2 miles away); Fort Phantom Hill C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 8.2 miles away); Anson Opera House (approx. 8.2 miles away); Anson Jones (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Avoca.
Also see . . . Swans Chapel Cemetery. From the findagrave.com website. (Submitted on November 24, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 314 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.