Struthers in Mahoning County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Struthers Presbyterian Church
This foundation stone is from the third church building of the United Presbyterian Church congregation, which was moved to Struthers from Poland Center in 1884, and reconstructed on land donated by Thomas Struthers. The building was located just east of the present church overlooking Yellow Creek.
Erected 1995 by Upper Room Class.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. 41° 3.269′ N, 80° 35.501′ W. Marker is in Struthers, Ohio, in Mahoning County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Poland Avenue and South Bridge Street (Ohio Route 616), on the right when traveling north. Located at the parking lot for Struthers Parkside Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Struthers OH 44471, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Frankfort House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hopewell Furnace (approx. half a mile away); The History of Poland (approx. 2.4 miles away); Peterson Park and Clock TowerPoland Village Hall (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Old Stone Tavern (approx. 2.4 miles away); President William McKinley's Boyhood Home (approx. 2.4 miles away); Poland Village / Poland Town Hall (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Struthers.
Also see . . . Struthers Parkside Church - Our History. Church website entry (Submitted on March 24, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 24, 2022. It was originally submitted on December 8, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 323 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 8, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.