Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Williamson in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Site of Union Church

 
 
Site of Union Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
1. Site of Union Church Marker
Inscription.  
Site of
Union Church
Erected 1825. Open for use
of any denomination,
dedicated to tolerance and
promotion of good order
and religion.

 
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1825.
 
Location. 43° 16.783′ N, 77° 11.18′ W. Marker is in Williamson, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Road (County Route 101) and Hamilton Street, on the right when traveling west on Lake Road. Pultneyville is an unincorporated hamlet in the town of Williamson. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4107 Lake Road, Williamson NY 14589, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 100 Years of Dramatics (here, next to this marker); First White Men (approx. 0.2 miles away); From the Nearby Ravine (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Battle of Pultneyville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pultneyville Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away);
National Register of Historic Places Plaque image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
2. National Register of Historic Places Plaque
Click or scan to see
this page online
Wreck of the St. Peter (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (approx. 0.9 miles away); Underground Railroad Terminus (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamson.
 
Westward on Lake Road image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
3. Westward on Lake Road
West Side image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
4. West Side
Front image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 7, 2014
5. Front
Building has been used for plays since 1867. See separate marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 260 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 11, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=79594

Paid Advertisement
May. 13, 2021