Hessian Army during the Revolutionary War
The officers occupied the houses on the west side of the road. The first brick house from Cooper’s Creek was owned by John Middleton and was demolished in 1926 when this high school was erected.
The two buttonwoods in front of this building were slips from the historic buttonwood trees now standing on Kings Highway north of Haddon Ave., planted April 13, 1928.
Erected 1938 by Haddenfield Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 39° 54.102′ N, 75° 1.548′ W. Marker is in Haddonfield, New Jersey, in Camden County. Memorial is on Kings Highway E. The marker is in the breezeway of the arch on the right, located on the grounds of Bancroft High School. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Haddonfield NJ 08033, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Alfred Eastlack Driscoll (a few steps from this marker); Historic Haddonfield
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Hessian Army during the Revolutionary War.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 385 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.