Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Monongahela Wharf Commercial Buildings
— Historic Landmark —
Market Street to Wood Street
C. 1850 to C. 1890
Erected by Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 40° 26.25′ N, 80° 0.162′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fort Pitt Boulevard and Wood Street, on the right when traveling west. Mounted to the Conestoga Building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Louis Kossuth (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Thaw (about 600 feet away); Bethel A.M.E. Church (about 600 feet away); John Scull (about 600 feet away); High Water Mark (about 700 feet away); Smithfield Street Bridge (about 700 feet away); Martin R. Delany (about 700 feet away); University of Pittsburgh Log Schoolhouse (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.