Near Cedar Park in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
A native of Pennsylvania
Used as a powder mill
for the Confederate Armies
during the Civil War
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 15298.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 26.086′ N, 97° 52.607′ W. Marker is near Cedar Park, Texas, in Travis County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2769, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13974 FM-2769, Leander TX 78641, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John M. King Log House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Cypress School (approx. 3.3 miles away); Hudson Bend (approx. 3.6 miles away); Pond Springs Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); Cedar Park Cemetery (approx. 6 miles away); Jolly Cemetery (approx. 6 miles away); Cedar Chopping in Central Texas Jollyville Community and School (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cedar Park.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Thomas Anderson is buried in Pond Springs Cemetery
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Andersonís Mill.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 22, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,819 times since then and 19 times this year. Last updated on December 14, 2014, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on December 22, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on August 17, 2011, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. 3. submitted on December 22, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 4. submitted on April 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.