Sterling in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Railway Signal Tower
The tower was moved here December 6, 2005 with the help of a State grant. Preparation and restoration work has been done by the "A Team" of Robert Flack, Jack Preston, Jack Parsons, Fred Scott, Lehigh Shortslef and Harry Snyder. Dedication August 24, 2008.
Erected by Sterling Historical Society.
Location. 43° 19.428′ N, 76° 38.772′ W. Marker is in Sterling, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker can be reached from New York State Route 104A 0.1 miles south of Williams Road. The marker, on the tower, is set back from the road. It is on the grounds of the Sterling Historical Society Museum. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1294 State Road 104A, Sterling NY 13156, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within School House Built 1825 (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Sterling (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of First Baptist Church of Sterling (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sterling Valley (approx. 1.9 miles away); George E. Ingersol (approx. 3 miles away); Honoring All Men and Women (approx. 3 miles away); Site of Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 3 miles away); Little Sodus Bay (Fair Haven) (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sterling.
Also see . . .
1. Rome, Watertown and Ogdensburg Railroad - Wikipedia. The "Hojack" line. (Submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
2. Sterling Historical Society. (Submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
More. Search the internet for Railway Signal Tower.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 388 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.