Sterling in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Baptist Church of Sterling
first Baptist church of Sterling
erected in 1841, federated with
United Presbyterian in 1931
Churches consolidated in 1962
Sold and dismantled in 1970
Erected by Cayuga County Historical Society.
Location. 43° 19.571′ N, 76° 38.69′ W. Marker is in Sterling, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 104A and New Street, on the left when traveling east on State Route 104A. Marker is one lot east of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sterling NY 13156, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Sterling (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Railway Signal Tower (approx. 0.2 miles away); School House Built 1825 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sterling Valley (approx. 1.7 miles away); George E. Ingersol (approx. 3.1 miles away); Honoring All Men and Women (approx. 3.1 miles away); Site of Methodist Episcopal Church Little Sodus Bay (Fair Haven) (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sterling.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Site of First Baptist Church of Sterling.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 20, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.