The Meyers House was erected in 1897. This Colonial Revival style home was designed by and built for prominent East Bay architect Henry H. Meyers. It served as the family residence from 1897 to 1993.
Meyers designed the Posey Tunnel Portals, Twin Towers Methodist and First Presbyterian Churches, Alameda Veterans Building, and numerous buildings throughout the Bay Area.
Erected 2004 by The Native Sons of the Golden West, Halcyon-Alameda Parlor No. 47. (Marker Number 26.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
Location. 37° 46.037′ N, 122° 15.139′ W. Marker is in Alameda, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on Alameda Avenue near Chestnut Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2021 Alameda Avenue, Alameda CA 94501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Alameda High School (approx.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 23, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 457 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 23, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.