Aquasco in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Constructed in 1934 to serve area African-American children, with labor furnished by the Federal Emergency Relief Administration and materials purchased by the county board of Education. Larger better equipped than the typical rural schools of the period. Woodville school replaced community schools built in 1867 and 1877. The school closed after integration of the county schools in 1954 and was purchased by the Knights of St. John Commandery #373.
Erected 2014 by The Maryland Historical Trust, State Highway Administration.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1934.
Location. 38° 35.654′ N, 76° 43.376′ W. Marker is in Aquasco, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Aquasco Road (Maryland Route 351), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21500 Aquasco Road, Aquasco MD 20608, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brig Gen Leonard Covington (approx. 0.6 miles away); Alarming Sight (approx. 0.7 miles away); Warships and RaidsUp in Flames (approx. 3˝ miles away); Test of a New Nation (approx. 4.3 miles away); Begin Your Adventure (approx. 4.3 miles away); Maxwell Hall (approx. 4.3 miles away); War of 1812 (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Aquasco.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2022. It was originally submitted on December 27, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 643 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on December 27, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.