Tipp City in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1833 - 1874
— A Ghost Town in Tipp City, Ohio —
The neighboring town of Tippecanoe was platted in 1840 soon establishing a newspaper, a fire department, and numerous businesses. Hyattsville never expanded beyond the original twenty- seven lots. In 1874 Hyattsville merged with Tippecanoe and the two towns were renamed Tippecanoe City.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 57.673′ N, 84° 10.731′ W. Marker is in Tipp City, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of Hyatt Street (County Route 153) and Main Street (Ohio Route 571), on the left when traveling north on Hyatt Street. marker is in a “pocket park”, next to the Dairy Queen, at the north west corner of Main Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 N Hyatt St, Tipp City OH 45371, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tipp City Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Miami and Erie Canal Lock 15 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Miami and Erie Canal (approx. 3½ miles away); WACO (approx. 3.7 miles away); WACO Aircraft Company (approx. 3.7 miles away); Thomas Cemetery / Abraham Thomas (approx. 4 miles away); The Village of Tadmor / The National Road (approx. 4½ miles away); Elizabeth Township (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tipp City.
Regarding Hyattsville. Cemetery is about ¼ mile north, on the other side of Hyatt Street
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 31, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 341 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on December 31, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.