Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chambersburg in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

First Lutheran Church

 
 
First Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Beverly Pfingsten, May 18, 2008
1. First Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription.  This church, the third building, stands on the site of a log church built in 1780 by the Lutheran and Reformed and used jointly by the congregations till 1808. The land was granted by Benjamin Chambers.
 
Erected 1953 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
 
Location. 39° 56.072′ N, 77° 39.796′ W. Marker is in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is on West Washington Street near Black Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 43 W Washington St, Chambersburg PA 17201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Philip Berlin (a few steps from this marker); Suesserott House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Highway Enterprise (about 400 feet away); 232 South Main Street (about
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
500 feet away); Frederick Douglass and John Brown (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morrow Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flashpoint for Invasion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Underground Railroad Activity in Chambersburg (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chambersburg.
 
First Lutheran Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten, May 18, 2008
2. First Lutheran Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 2, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,108 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=8121

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 27, 2024