Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Kandt Home

229 Niagara Street, Lockport, NY.

 
 
The Kandt Home Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, March 11, 2015
1. The Kandt Home Marker
Inscription.  
This dwelling was built by
Charles A. and Louise Williams Kandt
in 1886 and was occupied by four
generations of the Kandt family until
1998 when it was purchased by the
Niagara County Historical Society.

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1886.
 
Location. 43° 10.221′ N, 78° 42.184′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker can be reached from Niagara Street, 0.1 miles west of Prospect Street. Marker is fixed to the rear east entrance to the house. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 229 Niagara Street, Lockport NY 14094, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington Hunt Law Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Niagara County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lockport Locks (approx. 0.2 miles away); Col. W. M. Bond House (approx. Ό mile away); Welcome to Ida Fritz Park (approx. Ό mile away); Dole House (approx. 0.3 miles away); W.H. Upson Coal Company Building
The Kandt Home and Marker at the Rear Entrance - East Side image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, March 11, 2015
2. The Kandt Home and Marker at the Rear Entrance - East Side
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.4 miles away); Lockport Municipal Building (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
 
Also see . . .  Niagara Discoveries: The Kandt Family and Home. Lockport Union-Sun & Journal website entry (Submitted on September 13, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.) 
 
The Kandt Home - Front image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, March 11, 2015
3. The Kandt Home - Front
Front and East Sides image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, March 11, 2015
4. Front and East Sides
Adjacent to the east is the Washington Hunt law office and the Outwater House - part of the Niagara History Museum of the Niagara County Historical Society.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 323 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=81732

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jan. 27, 2023