Newfane in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
200 feet from here. Built
in 1835 by Hon. George R.
Davis of Troy, N. Y.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 43° 16.797′ N, 78° 42.445′ W. Marker is in Newfane, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Ewings Road west of Lockport-Olcott Road (New York State Route 78), on the left when traveling west. Google errantly labels Ewings Road as Hillcrest at the intersection with NY 78. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newfane NY 14108, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Willingness to Sacrifice (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Binational Heritage Peace Garden Trail (approx. 1.6 miles away); McClew Farm (approx. 1.6 miles away); Home of James Van Horn (approx. 2.2 miles away); Brick Kiln (approx. 3 miles away); Lakeview One Country and One Flag (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newfane.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 20, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.