Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Mission Santa Clara
Erected 1980 by State Department of Parks & Recreation, William L. Gates, class of '64, Mountain Charlie Chapter #1850 E. Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 338.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks, and the E Clampus Vitus series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1846.
Location. 37° 20.97′ N, 121° 56.406′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is on Alviso Street near Homestead Road. Plaque is located in front of Mission Church, on the grounds Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Clara CA 95050, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Santa Clara Women’s Club Adobe (approx. 0.2 miles away); Santa Clara Mission (approx. 0.2 miles away); Luis Arguello Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mission Corral Site (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. Henry Warburton House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Senator Franck House Site (approx. 0.3 miles away); Santa Clara Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. Saxe Office Building (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Clara.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 4,300 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on March 24, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 19, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. 4. submitted on September 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.