Bronte in Coke County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church
Erected 1987 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1618.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1890.
Location. 31° 53.022′ N, 100° 17.623′ W. Marker is in Bronte, Texas, in Coke County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Washington Street and W. Barclay Avenue, on the right when traveling south on S. Washington Street. Marker is embedded in the bottom of the church monument sign. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 424 S Washington St, Bronte TX 76933, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within First Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bronte (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Chadbourne C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. ¼ mile away); Bronte Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); Bronte Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Townsite of Marie (approx. 5.6 miles away); Southern Overland Mail, 1858-1861 (approx. 5.8 miles away); W.H. Brown (approx. 6.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bronte.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 12, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 303 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 12, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.