Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Timber Court

 
 
Timber Court Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Wintermantel, April 15, 2015
1. Timber Court Marker
Inscription.  Timber Court was built in 1880 as a lumber mill. Many of the houses constructed in Old Allegheny on the North Side of Pittsburgh used lumber milled at Timber Court.

In 1983, WTW Architects designed the transformation of Timber Court into an office building and became its anchor tenant preserving a piece of Pittsburgh history.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1880.
 
Location. 40° 26.911′ N, 80° 0.064′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Located at the back entrance to Timber Court from Anderson Street parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 Anderson Street, Pittsburgh PA 15212, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frederick J Osterling Office & Studio (within shouting distance of this marker); "Pittsburgh Variations," 1984 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Piazza Lavoro" and "Mythic Source," 1984 (about 600 feet away); Allegheny Cotton Mill Strikes (about 700 feet away); Allegheny City (about 700 feet away);
Timber Court Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devry Becker Jones (CC0), September 11, 2020
2. Timber Court Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
"The Forks," 1984 (about 800 feet away); The Pittsburgh Platform (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Great One" (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
 
Timber Court Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Wintermantel, April 15, 2015
3. Timber Court Building
At the corner of General Robinson and Anderson Streets.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 15, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 382 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on April 15, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.   2. submitted on September 15, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.   3. submitted on April 15, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=82415

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Feb. 1, 2023