Birmingham Township in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Friends School at Birmingham Meeting House
Erected 1911 by Chester County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1753.
Location. 39° 54.339′ N, 75° 35.677′ W. Marker is in Birmingham Township, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on Birmingham Road, on the right when traveling north. Marker is on the grounds of Birmingham Meeting House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1245 Birmingham Rd, West Chester PA 19382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Birmingham Friends Meeting House (here, next to this marker); On This Native Stone (a few steps from this marker); First Defense Line (within shouting distance of this marker); The Peace Garden at Birmingham (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen's Lafayette and PulaskiIn Memory of Those Who Fell (within shouting distance of this marker); Birmingham Hill (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of Brandywine (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Birmingham Township.
Also see . . . Dr. William Darlington. (Submitted on March 30, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 8, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,471 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 8, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on June 8, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.