Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Hyde Park in Dutchess County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. James Church

 
 
St. James Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, May 7, 2015
1. St. James Church Marker
Inscription.  Erected 1844. Attended by Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the United States, and his family.
 
Erected 1935 by NY State Education Department.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionGovernment & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #32 Franklin D. Roosevelt series list.
 
Location. 41° 48.084′ N, 73° 56.318′ W. Marker is in Hyde Park, New York, in Dutchess County. Marker is on Albany Post Road (U.S. 9) 0.1 miles north of Circle Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4536 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park NY 12538, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of James K. Paulding House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Reformed Dutch (approx. 0.6 miles away); Reformed Dutch Church Hyde Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Hyde Park World War I Monument (approx. ¾ mile away); Hyde Park Vietnam War Monument (approx.
St. James Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, May 7, 2015
2. St. James Church Marker
¾ mile away); Hyde Park World War II Korean War Monument (approx. ¾ mile away); Those Who Served (approx. ¾ mile away); Hyde Park Train Station (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hyde Park.
 
Also see . . .  St. James’ Episcopal Church. (Submitted on May 13, 2015, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
 
St. James Church image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, May 7, 2015
3. St. James Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2015, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 312 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 13, 2015, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.
Paid Advertisement
Mar. 2, 2021