Brewton in Escambia County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
The Leigh Place
The First Escambia County Courthouse
Used as the County Seat from 1885 to 1890. After
various other uses, remodeled as an office in 1969.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Landmarks • Notable Buildings.
Location. 31° 6.419′ N, 87° 4.307′ W. Marker is in Brewton, Alabama, in Escambia County. Marker is at the intersection of Belleville Avenue and Court Street, on the right when traveling south on Belleville Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 Belleville Avenue, Brewton AL 36426, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Escambia County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Hart Station (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bank of Brewton (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Robbins & McGowin Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Burnt Corn Park Cistern (approx. ¼ mile away); Ritz Theatre Second Saint Siloam Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Union Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brewton.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 16, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 15, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 487 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 15, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.