Bethesda in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Walter Johnson House
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Sports.
Location. 39° 0.282′ N, 77° 6.658′ W. Marker is in Bethesda, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from Old Georgetown Road (Maryland Route 187) just north of Oakmont Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9100 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda MD 20814, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Mary Woodard Lasker Center for Health Research and Education (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tree of Hippocrates (approx. 0.4 miles away); At This Location (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Louis Stokes Laboratories (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Centennial Anchor (approx. 0.6 miles away); President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated the NIH Bethesda campus on this site, October 31, 1940 Bethesda Meeting House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Church that Named a Community (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethesda.
More about this marker. Washington Senators pitcher Walter Perry Johnson, "The Big Train", owned this house between 1924 until 1936.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 19, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on June 19, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.