Waco in McLennan County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(April 1, 1898)
Erected 1978 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 490.)
Location. 31° 33.422′ N, 97° 7.826′ W. Marker is in Waco, Texas, in McLennan County. Marker is at the intersection of South 4th St and Franklin Avenue, on the left when traveling west on South 4th St. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waco TX 76701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gerald-Harris Shooting (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Courthouses of McLennan County (approx. 0.2 McLennan County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Waco Suspension Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away); Waco Spring (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jacob de Cordova (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Waco (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named The Waco Suspension Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waco.
Also see . . . William Cowper Brann article in Handbook of Texas. Article describes the controversy and the shootings. (Submitted on June 24, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Brann-Davis Shootings.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 24, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 474 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 24, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.