St. Martinville in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
The Old Castillo Hotel
Erected 1979 by Woodmen of the World St. Martinville Camp 134.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1899.
Location. 30° 7.315′ N, 91° 49.661′ W. Marker is in St. Martinville, Louisiana, in St. Martin Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Evangeline Boulevard (State Highway 96) and South New Market Street, on the right when traveling east on Evangeline Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 220 Evangeline Blvd, Saint Martinville LA 70582, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Émile Édouard (Edward) Simon (a few steps from this marker); Evangeline Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (within shouting distance of this marker); Deportation Cross (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Evangeline Monument (about 500 feet away); On This Site Lie Buried Officers of The Attakapas Militia (about 500 feet away); St. Martin Catholic Church (about 600 feet away); Ange Marie Jan (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Martinville.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2015. This page has been viewed 305 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.