Le Croix de la Déportation
La Croix originelle de la déportation près du site national historique de Grand-Pré en Nouvelle-Écosse est située dans les environs de l'embarcation des victimes de la diaspora acadienne de 1755.
Inauguré le 24 juillet 1924.
At the Acadian Memorial this faithful replica of the cross commemorates the first large Acadian community in Louisiana that settled in the area of St. Martinville in 1765. Dedicated June 15, 2003.
Cette fidèle réplique de la croix commémore l'installation du premier grand groupe de peuplement acadien en Louisiane, qui a eu lieu dans les environs de St. Martinville en 1765.
Inauguré le 15 juin 2003
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is June 15, 1899.
Location. 30° 7.354′ N, 91° 49.628′ W. Marker is in St. Martinville, Louisiana, in St. Martin Parish. Marker can be reached
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Evangeline Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Castillo Hotel (about 300 feet away); Judge Émile Édouard (Edward) Simon (about 300 feet away); Evangeline Monument (about 400 feet away); On This Site Lie Buried Officers of The Attakapas Militia (about 500 feet away); St. Martin Catholic Church (about 600 feet away); Ange Marie Jan (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Martinville.
Also see . . . Acadian Memorial. (Submitted on July 13, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2015. This page has been viewed 389 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.