Lutcher in St. James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Lutcher United Methodist Church
First Protestant church in the River Parishes. Established 1898 through efforts of William H. Curtis later appointed first pastor. This original church building, constructed of heart cypress was dedicated May 5, 1901.
Methodist Historic Site
Built in 1901
has been placed on the
National Register of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
February 13, 1992
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is May 5, 1945.
Location. 30° 2.573′ N, 90° 41.967′ W. Marker is in Lutcher, Louisiana, in St. James Parish. Marker is on Texas Street north of Detillier Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2347 Texas St, Lutcher LA 70071, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lutcher (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gramercy (approx. 0.7 miles away); Colonial Sugars Refinery (approx. 1.2 miles Golden Grove Plantation (approx. 1½ miles away); Vacherie (approx. 2.8 miles away); Allées Gwendolyn Midlo Hall (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Slave Quarters (approx. 2.9 miles away); Bourgeois Homeplace / Site Familial des Bourgeois (approx. 2.9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2015. This page has been viewed 256 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 12, 2015. 2. submitted on August 2, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.